Positive View And A Negative View Of Humankind
The Negative View Of Human Beings
1. The average human being has an inherent dislike of work or
responsibility and will avoid work or responsibility if he or she can.
2. Because of this human characteristic of dislike for work or
responsibility, most people must be coerced, controlled, directed, and
threatened with punishment to get them to put forth adequate effort
toward the achievement of personal or organizational objectives.
3. The average human being prefers to be directed, wishes to avoid
responsibility, has relatively little ambition, and wants security above
The Positive View Of Human Beings
1. The expenditure of physical and mental effort to work or to assume
responsibility is as natural as play or rest.
2. External control over persons and the threat of punishment are not
the only means of bringing about effort toward personal or
3. Human beings will exercise self-direction and self-control in the
service of objectives to which he or she is committed.
4. Commitment to objectives is a function of the rewards associated with
5. The average human being learns under proper conditions not only to
accept but also to seek responsibility.
6. The capacity to exercise a high degree of imagination, ingenuity and
creativity in the solution of organizational or personal problems is
widely, not narrowly, distributed in the population.
7. Under the conditions of modern life the intellectual potentialities
of the average human being are only partially utilized.
If these words have been a blessing, please forward them to a friend
These words were posted at one of Shepherd's Care Ministries Sites
called Wisdom Moment. This site is located at:
Shepherd's Care Ministries Main Site located at: